the effects of insomnia are not pretty folks. No amount of Mary Kay can make up for 3 weeks of no sleep
The children have been bitten by the no sleeping bug as well. They have never gone to bed early, midnight is their norm. This is so they will sleep until 10am and their daddy can come home at 8am and get good and asleep in his man cave (wish I had a cave to call my own. Punk) before they wake up and all Hades breaks loose. But now at least one every night is staying up WAY late. And it makes no sense at all. They each take a turn. Except Jo, that kid does not lose sleep. She may make me lose sleep because she kicks like a donkey, but she is always well rested (PUNK)
Two of them take melatonin but Kiki cannot. It turns her into the mean sister in Taming of the Shrew.
Very frightening. But some nights, the melatonin does not work. So what should we do to fix this problem. Here are the things we are trying
1) I take a magnesium supplement and am moving myself up to two Unisoms a night. (Melatonin gives me horrifying nightmares)
2) The kids are getting lots of exercise later in the day. Today, for instance, they have been outside since 5pm and they are still running around out there, screaming (sorry neighbors) at 8:24.
3) They are taking baths/showers at night and so am I.
4) I am moving from bedtime movies to bedtime music.
5) I am not allowed to read before bed. This never makes me sleepy. I just want to stay up and read.
I will be waking them up earlier tomorrow as well.
What are your tried and true sleep methods? Maybe your advice can help out me or another reader!